Friday, March 2, 2007

Yellow - Orange Grading is on Sunday!

Yesterday I had my Jujitsu training. I arrived early and practised with my partner as my grading to the next belt (Orange) is this Sunday! When our lesson began we started off with our warm-ups which consist of stretching and exercises such as crunches and push ups. Next we did Ukemi (breakfalls), there are four basic ukemi : mae ukemi ( Front Breakfall ) , Ushiro Ukemi ( Back Breakfall ), Mae Mawari Ukemi (My fav : Front Rolling Breakfall ) and Yoko Ukemi (Side Breakfall).

After the warm ups we did throws. We started off doing the white belt throw , O Goshi (Hip Throw). Next, we split up into groups according to our belt and learnt our kata ( forms ).

There are these waza (techniques) in kata:
1. Daichi Waza (Stances)
2. Tsugi Waza (Punches)
3. Geri Waza (Kicks)
4. Nage Waza (Throws)
5. (Grappling)
6. Kensetsu Waza (Armlocks)
7. Taisabaki Waza (Movements)
8. Jigo Waza ( Combined Techniques)

Nearing the end of class we did throws again where we had to go around and throw everyone once with O Goshi as fast as possible. After that we cooled down and bowed to the sempai ( teacher's assistant ) and to each other.

I stayed back awhile to revise the kata.

No comments: